Drivers and car lovers get ready! It is almost time for the FIAT on the Dragon. This organized event is for drivers of the FIAT and Alfa Romeo automobiles, both new and old. This three-day event will get you out on some of the best roads for family-friendly fun.
In addition to driving on some of the best roads, there will also be a traditional car show and other family-friendly activities. Registration is now open for the Spring of 2019 event which will take place on May 2-5th in Townsend, Tennessee. Sign-ups are limited to 150 cars, so don’t delay in getting your spot if you want to participate. You can find the application here.
The Weekend Pass
Those that purchase a weekend pass for the event will love all the perks that come with it. Your registration fee will include the following:
- A driver souvenir event name badge (you can order extra badges if you desire)
- Two decals, either FIAT on the Dragon or Alfa on the Dragon
- One official FIAT on the Dragon or Alfa on the Dragon t-shirt
- A fully-detailed color program that includes maps, directions, GPS coordinates, and the meetup spots
- Five raffle tickets for prizes given away on Friday and Saturday night
- Parking at the Talley Ho Inn for the entire weekend
- A driver group assignment (all groups leave from the Talley Ho Inn)
- A Friday drive (options starting at 9 am)
- Friday breakfast of coffee and donuts
- Invitation to the Friday night bonfire at the Talley Ho Inn
- Saturday morning sunrise drive
- Other Saturday morning drives (starting at 9 am)
- Saturday breakfast of coffee and donuts
- Admission to Saturday’s “Cars on the Field”
- Dinner voucher for Saturday night
- Invitation to Saturday night bonfire at the Talley Ho Inn
- Invitation to the official Talley Ho Inn field games
- $5 per day membership to the FIAT Club of America which can be converted to a yearly membership
Other Fun Perks
At the time of your registration, you should look into some other perks that are available to make your weekend even more exciting. There are $10 boxed picnic lunches that can be added for Friday and Saturday. These are a great addition to your registration because some of the drives are in more secluded areas with very minimal lunch options.
These picnic baskets can be grabbed in the morning before setting off on your drive. They include a fresh hoagie sandwich, chips, pasta salad, and a pickle. There are vegetarian options available as well.
You can also add more raffle tickets to your package for even more chances to win. Raffles at FIAT on the Dragon run a little differently than most other raffles. Instead of all of the tickets going into one big pool, you can put your individual tickets into a pool for a specific item. The odds of winning something you actually want are much greater with this system.
The entire event should be a ton of fun for everyone involved! If you are an avid fan of Italian cars and want to take some fun rides, then this event is for you. Come out and join the fun May 2-5.
If you are looking for a cool, quiet place to take your family while you are vacationing in the Gatlinburg, TN area, consider visiting the Tuckaleechee Caverns. These caverns are one of the "best-kept...
Are you planning an autumn visit to the Smokies? If so, you’ll love the peacefulness of the season. The summer crowds have departed, and colors of fall are settling into the region. Look up at the pea...
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and this year you can get a jump start on the rest of the world by booking your romantic dinner out right away. After all, it is shocking how quickly the ta...